G.W. Van Keppel, the son of Dutch immigrants, founded The G.W. Van Keppel Company in 1926 to meet the needs of Kansas City area road builders. The company was then incorporated in the state of Missouri in 1945. In 1951 Elizabeth, Mr. Van Keppel\'s daughter, married Tom Walker. Tom joined the company as a sales representative in 1954 and was later promoted to President in 1970. In 1976, Tom and Elizabeth\'s son Bill followed in his father\'s footsteps and joined the family business as a sales representative. During his time in sales, Bill saw the company grow and expand, moving it\'s headquarters to the current location in Kansas City, KS in 1978 and then opening the company\'s first branch location in Springfield, MO in 1984. Bill also saw his father, Tom, go on to become Chairman and CEO of the company in 1984 while he was named President. Bill Walker eventually took over his father\'s responsibilities when Tom Walker passed away in 2004.